When the weather gets warmer in the Quad Cities, you’ll turn to your air conditioner to provide relief and keep your family comfortable. However, a lack of annual AC maintenance can quickly lead to a complete system breakdown and a whole host of other issues.
Air conditioning units should be inspected every year and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended procedures. To prevent AC issues and keep your system running smoothly all summer long, remember to schedule your annual AC maintenance appointment.
Read our latest blog post below to learn more about why you should schedule an air conditioning tune-up, when the best time is to do so, and how often maintenance should be performed.
Why You Should Schedule Air Conditioner Maintenance Services
Air conditioners are incredibly reliable and durable appliances, but they have hard jobs. They run in cycles all spring and summer long to create and distribute cool air. A system tune-up will solve any minor issues that might already exist within the system, while also preventing others from ever occurring in the first place.
During maintenance, your air conditioner will be thoroughly inspected, cleaned, and lubricated to ensure optimal performance. If any minor issues are discovered along the way, your HVAC technician will be able to provide fast repairs. AC service can provide you with benefits including:
- Greater system efficiency and effectiveness – A comprehensive inspection adjusts moving components, checks refrigerants and calibrates your thermostat using less energy.
- Reduced risk of a system breakdown – A professional inspection reviews all the components including tightening hardware, evaluating condition of wires and pays close attention to the most common causes of AC breakdown. Avoiding breakdowns on the hottest days of the year is ideal.
- More even and consistent temperatures – Dirty systems struggle to provide sufficient air flow and may struggle to produce accurate temperatures.
- Heightened comfort – When your system is cleaned and maintained your HVAC system reaches every room with the optimal temperatures. In fact, a top performing AC unit often allows you to set temperatures higher without sacrificing comfort.
- Healthier air supply – Clean air is easier on family members for allergy, asthma and respiratory issues.
- Prolonged system lifespan – Well maintained AC units are less prone to break down. The smoother a system operates the longer components last.
In short, AC maintenance lowers monthly energy bills and improves the comfort inside your home. Contact Schebler Heating and Air today to schedule your annual maintenance appointment in the Quad Cities area.
When is the Best Time of Year for AC Maintenance?
Ideally, the best time of year for professional AC maintenance is during the early spring before you’ve turned the unit on. Your air conditioner likely didn’t run at all for roughly six months during the fall and winter seasons, so the system’s initial startup can potentially present issues without maintenance. Additionally, scheduling maintenance early in the cooling season will provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your AC system will run efficiently on the hottest days of the year.
If the spring has passed and you weren’t able to provide your system with maintenance, know that it’s never too late! There’s no bad time to service your air conditioner, so feel free to contact Schebler Heating and Air today to schedule an appointment.
How Often Should You Schedule Maintenance For Your Air Conditioning Unit?
To see the best results, we recommend having your air conditioner serviced once per year. Having tune-ups performed at this rate will solve any minor issues that might otherwise go undetected and lead to larger issues down the road.
Additionally, this will provide optimum performance and keep your system running as efficiently as possible. All homeowners should pay attention to their system’s energy efficiency, as it directly correlates to their cooling costs and the overall comfort of their homes.
Contact Schebler Heating and Air for AC Maintenance in the Quad Cities Area
For HVAC system services that your home can depend on, including AC maintenance, repairs, and installations, turn to Schebler Heating and Air. We’ve provided the Quad Cities area with HVAC services since 1895, and we’d be happy to provide your home with the same quality of service that has helped us become the most trusted HVAC company in the area.
Keep your AC unit running well all summer long by scheduling AC maintenance today with Schebler Heating and Air.