Air ducts are responsible for evenly transporting cool or warm air throughout your entire home. They act as the distribution network between your HVAC system and the vents within your home. Over time, dust, dirt, pet dander and other debris can build up within your air ducts and affect your home’s indoor air quality.
In the latest blog post from Schebler Heating and Air, we discuss what happens during a duct cleaning appointment, why duct cleaning is important, and how long you can expect the process to take. Contact us today to schedule an appointment in the Quad Cities area.
What Happens During Duct Cleaning?
Ultimately, your duct cleaning appointment will be dependent on the current condition of the ductwork. However, you generally can expect your duct cleaning technician to:
- Use specialized equipment to clean the interior of the ductwork. Any particles like dirt, debris, pet dander and even mold will be eliminated.
- Use powerful air scrubbers to clean the air within your home and ensure it’s free of any pollutants that might linger within the home. Debris in your air can attach to walls, furniture, and other things within your home, so this is an important part of the process.
- Provide detailed strategies to help your air ducts stay clean for longer periods.
Contact Schebler Heating and Air to schedule your duct cleaning appointment in the Quad Cities today.
Signs That You Should Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Indoor air quality is among the most important factors that contribute to your family’s overall health and well-being. To help you determine if it’s time for your air ducts to be cleaned, pay close attention to identify the following signs:
- Vents show signs of dirt and dust mites
- Air filters clog quicker than they should
- Odors coming from your vents while your HVAC system is running
- High heating and cooling costs, regardless of usage
- Poor or uneven airflow throughout the home
- The home is excessively dusty
- Family members suffer from allergy symptoms
If dirt and dust are being distributed throughout your home, it can take a serious toll on your health and comfort. Get in contact with Schebler Heating and Air for duct cleaning services in the Quad Cities.
How Long Does Duct Cleaning Take?
The typical duct cleaning service will last between 4-8 hours depending on the current condition of your ductwork, the size of your home, the accessibility of your air ducts, and other factors.
Because your technician will need direct access to your air ducts, your home’s heating and cooling equipment will need to remain turned off for the entirety of the appointment. The time required to complete the duct cleaning process can be lengthy, so it’s recommended that you schedule services during a time of year when you’ll be comfortable having your HVAC system off.
Contact Schebler Heating and Air for Duct Cleaning Services in the Quad Cities
At Schebler Heating and Air, we understand that the quality of the air in your home is just as important as its temperature. That’s why we provide the Quad Cities area with high-quality duct cleaning services to eliminate any dirt, dust, pet dander or mold spores that might be living in your ductwork. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment for service.